BDL's Wireless Cellular Hotspot Service
Starting spring 2021, BDL has cellular WiFi hotspots available for checkout at the library! Funding is provided in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Library of Michigan.
- Hotspots may be checked out by any BDL patrons with a valid library card, aged 18 and older, for a 2-week loan. Sorry, due to demand, there are no renewals possible.
- Hotspots may be returned at the library or to a library dropbox. Overdue hotspots will be remotely disabled. Lost or damaged hotspots will result in a replacement cost of $79.99 and a $15 processing fee.
- Hotspots use the Verizon Wireless cellular network, which has good coverage in Branch County. Check the map for other locations.
- Reserve a hotspot from our catalog today!
Easy to Use!
- Up to 10 devices can be connected to the hotspot at any 1 time. But keep in mind that all connected devices are sharing the same connection, so things may slow down the more devices you have on.
- Hotspots provide unlimited data, though they will slow down after 25GB are used in a month. The hotspot screen shows the current data usage in the month.
- Plug the hotspot in with the attached charging cable when the battery gets low.
- Hold down the power button to turn the hotspot off.
If you need help, please contact BDL support at 517-278-2341, extension 197, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org