The FireKeeper's Daughter
This year's choice for One Book, One County is The FireKeeper's Daughter by Angeline Boulley.
Eighteen-year-old Daunis Fontaine has never quite fit in, both in her hometown and on the nearby Ojibwe reservation. She dreams of a fresh start at college, but when family tragedy strikes, Daunis puts her future on hold to look after her fragile mother. The only bright spot is meeting Jamie, the charming new recruit on her brother Levi’s hockey team.
Yet even as Daunis falls for Jamie, she senses the dashing hockey star is hiding something. Everything comes to light when Daunis witnesses a shocking murder, thrusting her into an FBI investigation of a lethal new drug.
Reluctantly, Daunis agrees to go undercover, drawing on her knowledge of chemistry and Ojibwe traditional medicine to track down the source. But the search for truth is more complicated than Daunis imagined, exposing secrets and old scars. At the same time, she grows concerned with an investigation that seems more focused on punishing the offenders than protecting the victims.
Now, as the deceptions―and deaths―keep growing, Daunis must learn what it means to be a strong Anishinaabe kwe (Ojibwe woman) and how far she’ll go for her community, even if it tears apart the only world she’s ever known.
Where to get the Book
- Directly From BDL
- Check MeLCat and order the book to be delivered from another Michigan library.
- Download the ebook or audiobook from Libby!
- Download the audiobook or ebook from Hoopla!
- You can order it from your favorite online book retailer. Previews can be read on Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
Join us at our branches for great, lively discussions and delicious treats!
- Algansee: March 22, 2023 @ 5:30PM
- Bronson : March 30, 2023 @ 6PM
- Coldwater: March 22, 2023 @ 10AM & March 28, 2023 @ 5:30PM
- Quincy: March 21, 2023 @ 6PM
- Sherwood: March 23, 2023 @ 6PM
- Union: March 27, 2023 @ 4PM